Software Development Team Lead
LIMS Wizards, LLC, is an innovative, scientific solutions provider with the mission to develop software solutions that transform data into wise business decisions. Our inaugural product is SampleVision™, a mobile laboratory portal that interfaces remote sites to central labs, automating sample requests and results retrieval. We invite you to help us develop products that will improve the world with fact-based decision making based on scientific data.
We are currently looking to add a Software Development Team Lead to our staff to support our ongoing product development needs. This role will report to the LIMS Wizards Delivery Director or the Development Manager.
This role will include helping to prioritize and plan development work and managing the daily development activities of our development team to meet established quality and product development deadlines.
Activities will include the day-to-day supervision of the development team, providing technical support, input on user requirements, use cases, Agile Epics and User Stories, Product Backlogs, Sprint Planning, Test Planning, and Deployment Planning. Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work with product owners and business stakeholders to identify and document business and product User Stories and use cases for Product Backlogs
- Work with the product owners, business stakeholders, and development management to set development priorities for the product development roadmap
- Be responsible for the Scrum Agile process: Use input from product owners, business stakeholders, development managers, and development and testing teams to help define development plans
- Provide technical guidance and problem-solving support to the development team
- Be familiar with the development technologies being used by the development team and be able to contribute to the technical work being performed
- This role will be based at CSols Delaware office
In this role, you must be experienced with leading a development team in a Full Stack, Agile process, conversant with identifying and documenting business requirements, and able to communicate with senior leaders in the business and product development group.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player with excellent planning and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Also, they must have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. They must be a motivated self-starter and possess the following abilities, experience, and knowledge:
- Have experience leading software development teams
- Have experience identifying and documenting User Stories, Use Cases or Requirements for business processes
- Have experience with Full Stack development and preferably Agile processes for software development
- Knowledge of Angular, React, Vue, Java, REST, JSON, XML, Python, C++, and .NET is desirable
- The candidate should have familiarity with the development of mobile applications for Google Android or Apple iOS environments
- Knowledge of databases, preferably SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL along with associated database-specific programming such as SQL and PL/SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or general science-related discipline preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
The LIMS Wizards’ company culture is founded on four foundations (Excellence, Teamwork, Sustainability & Scalability, and Customer Satisfaction). Layered on that are our 3 key principles related to people (Work/Life Balance, Shared Accountability, and Personal Ethics).
Our commitment to our employees’ success is supported by:
- Competitive pay and bonus structure
- Extensive healthcare plan(s) for you and your family
- Vision plan
- Dental plan
- 401(k), including mandatory company 3% contribution annually
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive training and career planning
LIMS Wizards works to maintain a culture of excellence in everything that we do through teamwork, allowing us to exceed what any one of us could do individually. At LIMS Wizards, all decisions are driven by long-term sustainability and our desire to facilitate both the growth of the company and our employees. We provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, success, and culture.